Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The dog ate my ... the goat ate my ... the guinea pig ate my ...






Okay, when I was a kid, I had a rabbit, a cute little bunny that hopped around the kitchen and ate carrots and apples ...and every electrical cord it could find. My mother would remind me "Rabbits are rodents and rodents chew." Yep, rodents chew. Kuzco, our darling little guinea pig is a rodent ... rodents chew.



The vest I started over a year ago and finished, up to knitting the shoulder seams together, was left by Kuzco's cage ...rodents chew.
It was my fault, I knit in my Boston Rocker that sits beside my Mastiff's crate. On my Mastiff's crate sits Kuzco's cage. I spread projects out on top of the dog's crate, and apparently I set the vest close enough for Kuzco to reach ...rodents chew.
So, after the initial shock of the damage he had done, I feel as though I can fix it. The neckline, that I painstakingly knit in a seed stitch ssk-ing and Ktog-ing to create the perfect angles is now chewed, unraveled and fit for, well, a guinea pig's nest.



I have learned my lesson, I will listen to my mother ... rodents chew.



2 comments:

chef on wheels said...

You know Kelly, in parts of South America guinea pigs are quite a delicacy. I'm sure that I could find a nice recipe for you...

Kelly said...

Haaahaaaa, he is forgiven!