Thursday, October 23, 2008

I LOVE N.Y.!


Whew! What a whirlwind of tasks and trips, and you name it over the past week. I left for Rhienbeck N.Y. last Friday, to judge fleeces at the New Youk Sheep and Wool Festival. I have to say, it was a good thing I did not take a trailer, as I would have come home with a few new additions! What beautiful Romneys! I did gather up a few business cards and will be contacting a few folks for some possible new lines in the spring.


My favorite fella at the show was a giant Rambouilett ram named Lucky. The kind gentleman that owned him was also a favorite of mine. Both of them were gentle giants. The sweet man who truly loved his sheep, was over six feet with a gentle hand, and it was evident that his demeanor was appreciated by his sheep. They too were calm and relaxed. I love folks like that! Kindness is so admirable.


I was quite well behaved with my spending. I was drawn to a handwoven African basket when I arrived. It was a one-of-a-kind that I had to have ...it is half full of yarn already! So funny to go to a place that sells such beautiful yarn and not need to buy any. I did though .... some beautiful mohair/cormo lamb . :)


I have to toot my own horn . My felted farm sign took First Place in the Felted category at the fleece competition. It is Joe, made from Joe. I needle felted his beautiful silver locks to make his body and then used Babydoll for his face. The white border and lettering is Judy, my Suffolk.


No comments: