Sunday, December 16, 2007

10 Inches And Counting!



Well... when I fed this morning it wasn't snowing. I walked up to the barn, opened the door, fed, smashed ice out of water buckets and refilled them, and brushed Lady Bug.

When I walked out the door, not 10 minutes later....it was snowing! As of right now ( 5p.m.) we have 10 inches on the ground. It s fluffy and easy to shovel and so beautiful.

I took a bale of hay out to Joker and the girls in the front paddock a spread it in their shelter. I know they will eat some and bed down in the rest for the night. I took a bale in one hand and the shovel in the other so I had a weapon to protect myself with as I exited. The snow was so deep, that even when the little bugger chased me I could easily out run him. It was so funny that I almost fell down I was laughing so hard! He is such a good boy to protect his harem from the Shepherdess with the shovel! :)

No comments: