Monday, September 27, 2010

Common Ground Madness!!!

Wow. Let me say that again. WOW! What a weekend! As a first time vendor at the Common Ground Fair let me just say ..it was all I could hope for and more. The GREATEST folks on the planet run the Fiber Marketplace and I sincerely mean that!
Like any show or even season for that matter, I find it very interesting what colors and weights of yarn are the most popular. Red and Turquoise shades were in high demand at my booth but the Double Dips in worsted and especially the bulky were my #1 sellers.

Sooooooooooooo .......... I have decided to add the Double Dips to my Fall Line of yarns ( in fact I have several dyelots in the dye pots as a write this) ! The dye process puts a dark and light hue of the chosen color in to the yarn. I will knit up a swatch asap so you can see the result knit.
A weekend filled with wonderful people, good wholesome food, and inspiration. What more could you ask for. Thank you to all of my friends, family and fabulous customers - old and new for a very successful weekend. Next up ...Sunday River!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I've read so much about Common Ground. Sounds like a wonderful experience. I keep looking at your wool and now have a co-worker salivating over it too! I have 4 projects started. SO, when they are finished (why wait?) I think I need so double dips. They are beautiful!