Friday, February 19, 2010

Restless Ewes

Restless ewes make me nervous. I watch and hover, and poke and feel and fuss. They become quite frustrated with me and yet I can't help myself! Watching lambs be born scares and thrills me at the same time. It does not matter if it is lambs, puppies, rabbits, or chicks hatching out of eggs. New life is amazing!
Jelly and Bean have graduated from sweet and innocent, to troublemakers with a mission! They are into everything! Their curiosity know no boundaries and I look forward to letting them out every morning to see what new discoveries they will make ...or who will be their springboard for the day.
Carmella finally lambed a week ago. An almost 14 lb ram lamb we have named Klondike, and a 9.6lb ewe we have named Truffle. This is the largest lamb I have ever had born on my farm and he is marvelous! She looks like her mother with her narrow nose.


Annie popped out this little gem yesterday. If you look closely, you'll see the H on his nose so we are calling him Hercules. Two ewes left and I am done! Seems like I wait and wait and then I am in Lambtopia!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being in Lambtopia! I wish I were. Baby animals are so cute.

Pams Fiber from Dream Come True Farm said...

14 lbs! Are you sure this is a lamb?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

It's always a treat to drop in on your blog...congratulations on your new crop of fiber factories :)
Astrig

WeekendFarmer said...

: ) KEWT

we just got our 1st babies for the year. Baby sheep are such joy!