Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thursday I morning, I brought all of my dye-pots up from the basement. By Thursday evening I had picked up four big boxes a was pre-washing my beautifully spun skeins. Friday morning I began dyeing oranges, reds, yellows, blues, greens and purples ...I went nuts!
While I was working in the kitchen, I let the sheep out to mow the lawn, pull the weeds, and trim the shrubbery. I caught this shot as old Joe peeked around the back of my Yukon saying "What ...I have to go in now?" The very well-behaved-woolies stayed in the yard though temptation was close at hand in the form of taller grass growing up the driveway and down by the road.
Tomorrow the dyeing process continues. Aside from raising the sheep ...it is my favorite part. I have a few new projects in mind and with all of this color around, I'm ready to get started before the skeins are even dry!




1 comment:

Elaine Weedman said...

Wow, freshly dyed skeins of handspun Romney...it is a beautiful sight...It seems you prefer dyeing skeins rather than 'in the wool' as they say... do you find that easier? What commercial dyes do you prefer? Am just mulling it over, again... Thanks
Elaine