Monday, November 27, 2006

Time to Spin!

My shop is now closed for the winter months. Three baskets of roving sit waiting for me to spin them into soft, colorful yarns. I am looking forward to those winter months when time slows down just a bit.

A 3 & 1/2 pound bag of shiny mohair locks, sits beside my desk ... the fruit of my labor ... or should I say Uma's labor. Uma is my one Angora goat who provides me with a fabulous white, mohair fleece every 6 months.
Last year I blended Uma's fleece with Millie's, Romney, hogget ( first) fleece and won a Best in Show ribbon at the New Hampshire Sheep & Wool Festival as well as a ribbon at the Maine Fiber Frolic. Watch for this "Blue Ribbon Blend" in the spring.

In a few weeks I will begin selling yarns from my farm on-line ...stay tuned!

No comments: